Challenge offers benefits advisement at no cost to you. Our goal is to help people reach their highest employment potential. Many people would like to work, but are worried that they will lose essential medical, or cash benefits if they have earnings. Our services will assist individuals who receive Social Security benefits make informed choices about returning to work.
Benefits advisement can be short term – completed in one or two phone calls or meetings; or long term – planning, monitoring and problem solving over an extended period of time.
Challenge can provide information about:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Trial Work Period (TWP) and Extended period of eligibility (EPE) rules
- SSI Rules for disregarding some earned income, including student earnings SSDI & SSI reinstatement rules
- Maintaining health insurance through Extended Medicare and 1619(b) Medicaid coverage
- SSI’s Plan for Achieving Self Support (PASS)
- Medicaid Buy-In Program for Working People with Disabilities
- Earned Income Disregards for individuals using the Housing Choice Voucher program (Section 8)
Challenge can also offer:
- Advocacy on your behalf
- Assistance in reviewing Social Security forms
- Help in understanding your benefits
- Assistance in understanding and reporting earnings to social security
- Writing an SSI Plan for Achieving Self -Support (PASS)
- Referrals to legal and other services