Youth Employment and Transitional Services
- Guidance in obtaining funding from important state vocational rehabilitation programs (ACCES-VR, OPWDD).
- State-funded short and long term internships in the community with on-site training and supports.
- Long-term community job placement after graduation.
- After school and weekend paid work opportunities at Ithaca College and Cornell University.
- Participation in our Summer Youth Employment Program (when eligible).
Summer Youth Employment Program
We provide a 6-week paid summer work experience in one of Challenge’s 5 Social Enterprise businesses or with a local employer. As part of this experience, you will take part in 3 weekly hours of paid job readiness training and career exploration.
Who is Eligible? Youth and young adults 16-20 who meet income qualifications and have a disability or other barrier to employment, e.g. rural location.
You will learn about identifying vocational goals, learning interview approaches, formatting resumes, networking, communicating effectively, and searching for a job.